After a traumatic can accident and injury, it can be difficult to navigate through decisions and next steps in the aftermath of your accident. A car accident can leave you hurt and possibly unable to work. You may also need financial compensation to cover your medical costs. If you’ve been injured in a Fort Worth car accident and need legal assistance with what to do next call us at 1-800-LAWBOSS. Our team of experienced car accident lawyers work tirelessly to try to obtain the maximum compensation for you after a car accident.
Why should I hire a Fort Worth car accident lawyer?
After an accident resulting in injury, many people choose to hire a car accident lawyer. While you can always file a personal injury claim yourself, it may not be in your best interest. You may not have the insight to know whether or not an insurance company’s offer is acceptable. Additionally, keeping track of all of the personal injury laws and procedural rules in Texas can be difficult.
Whether you live in Fort Worth, or any other area in Texas, hiring a car wreck attorney can give you the peace of mind you need when going up against big insurance companies. A car crash attorney serves as your advocate, and because they know the Texas laws and procedures; your personal injury attorney will have the experience needed to get you the best offer possible.
Because insurance companies are experts at minimizing compensation and even denying your claim altogether, hiring a car accident lawyer in Fort Worth is the best option for people who have suffered severe injuries and have incurred medical bills.
When should I hire a Fort Worth accident lawyer?
If any of the following apply to you, consider contacting an experienced accident lawyer:
- Severe Injuries: You’ve been the victim of an accident that has left you severely injured. The severity of your injuries are usually determined by the type of injury, the length of time it takes you to recover, and the cost of your medical bills.
- Long-Term or Permanently Disabling Injuries: You’ve been the victim of an accident that leaves you injured for over a year and could possibly disable you for the rest of your life. These kinds of injuries can affect your ability to work and could negatively impact your quality of life.
- Problems with Claim Denial/Refusal: The insurance company is trying to dispute your claim, or they refuse to offer a fair personal injury settlement for your losses.
Keep in mind, even minor injuries can become a major problem down the road—for example, a minor backache can turn into lifelong pain if you do not get the right treatment. If you are still not sure if you should hire a personal injury attorney, call 1-800-LAWBOSS for a free consultation. Our knowledgeable personal injury staff can help you determine if you need the assistance of an attorney.
How am I supposed to afford a car accident lawyer in Fort Worth?
Many people are hesitant to hire an attorney because they don’t want to be stuck with legal fees that they can’t afford. Fortunately, nearly all personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. In other words, your attorney will take a percentage of the settlement or money awarded to you. If you do not get a settlement or award, then you do not pay a fee. Most personal injury attorneys generally work on a contingency fee basis.
How do I choose a car accident lawyer in Texas?
Most online searches will provide you with several results for car accident lawyers in Fort Worth and the surrounding areas in Texas. The number of options in your search results can also be a bit overwhelming.
Here are a few ways to narrow down your choices:
- Choose a lawyer that specializes in car accidents and personal injury: You should not just call up any attorney to handle your injury claim. Look for attorneys who specifically practice personal injury law in your area—they have the best experience to handle your case.
- Experience with your type of accident: Make sure the attorney you contact has experience dealing with accidents similar to yours. Whether your injury resulted from a car accident, a dog bite, a motorcycle accident, a truck accident, a slip-and-fall, or other premises liability injury, the attorney you select should have experience with your type of accident.
- Good Reputation: Consider the online reviews to see what other people have to say about attorneys in your area. Do they have a record of customers who are happy with their settlement amount? Do reviewers rave about their customer service?
What about my insurance company? Shouldn’t they take care of my car accident claim?
Even if you and other people involved in the accident have auto insurance, you might still have trouble getting the compensation you need to recover. While you may think it is the insurance company’s job to take care of you, they will try to get you to settle for as little as possible in order to maximize their profits. You, on the other hand, want the biggest settlement possible so that you can pay off your medical bills. A personal injury attorney can act as an advocate on your behalf with the goal of increasing the insurance company’s settlement offer.