“When choosing my attorney I was between Michael Uvalle and another law firm, but I chose Uvalle and boy, am I glad I did. I spoke to Brandon at first and then actually met with Jonathon in person. Both were so professional and comforting in explaining the process to me and now my case has ended and my settlement was amazing.”
“Was injured early morning on my way to work and associate of Uvalle Law Firm quickly came to my assistance to help me through the process. They sent me to a great chiropractor and stayed in touch throughout treatments. Once I was better, my settlement helped pay everything off. I definitely recommend Uvalle Law Firm.”
“Appreciate the law firm and their services to work with me due to being deaf! Checking in on me every other week to see how I’m doing and if my injuries are getting better! Thank you!”
“Uvalle Law firm answered all my questions and helped me understand everything that comes with experiencing an accident. Perla was of great help thanks for all your help.”
“Had a wonderful experience with the firm, made my situation very stress free. The staff was very helpful and courteous. They seemed to genuinely go out of their way to help me.”
“There are no words that can express the gratitude I have for April Johnson and Nancy Tinoco with Uvalle Law Firm! Getting the assistance I needed after an accident was difficult, but I had no worries after speaking with these ladies at Uvalle Law. When it came to making sure I was getting what I needed they were relentless in providing excellent customer service, timely communication, and most of all results that met every need related to my accident. To date there hasn’t been a question that has gone unanswered. If its expert assistance, quality customer service, and RESULTS you want, get with the experts at Uvalle Law, they go above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to their clients.”
Dallas Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle riders enjoy the thrill of the open road, but risk serious injuries from crashes due to their exposed body parts. Helmets are only required in Texas for riders under the age of 21, making traumatic brain injuries and other severe and catastrophic injuries common for motorcycle crash victims. The costs of medical treatment and in the inability to work can throw a family into dire straits financially. That’s why it’s important to know what to do to obtain what you deserve for medical bills, lost earnings, pain, suffering and mental anguish after a motorcycle accident. If you’re injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to call the most highly skilled attorney to handle your case. That’s why more Texans call Uvalle Law Firm, Lawboss.com. Call 1-800-LAWBOSS today for a free consultation.
What to Do Right After A Motorcycle Accident
Here’s what you should do right after a motorcycle accident, if you’re physically able, otherwise ask somebody else to do these things for you:
- Call 911 – When you call 911, the police and an ambulance will rush to the scene to assist you and any other injured victims. The statement you give to the police should be simple and clear as the report they take will have a large impact on the case. Also be sure to point out skid marks, broken fences, the position of the cars on the road and anything else that might help the police conclude that the accident happened as you say it did.
- Check for Witnesses: If you are approached by anybody that tells you that they witnessed the accident, it’s important to take down their contact information. It’s even better if you can also get them to give you a statement on video that you shoot with your phone. If the witness supports your version of the accident, make sure that the police don’t overlook taking their statement. If there are no obvious witnesses on the scene, see if there appears to be anybody in the houses or businesses near the scene, that could see the accident from their windows.
- Take Photos and Videos: It’s important to document as much as possible about the scene that can help you prove your case, and to do it as well as possible. Here are some examples of important things to photograph after a motorcycle accident. First, take a photo of the entire scene to establish the location and position of the vehicles in the accident. Be sure to get photos of street signs, one-way signs or other relevant signage. Next, photograph the damages to the exterior and interior of all vehicles involved using wide shots and close ups. For damage to your motorcycle it can be helpful to use a coin for scale to show how large the dents are. Take pictures of your injuries, asking others to help you if necessary. It’s also a good idea to seek out and photograph damaged roadways, potholes, foliage grown over signs and other things on the scene that may have contributed to the accident.
- Don’t Speak At Length To Other Drivers: It’s helpful to obtain information from the other drivers at the scene such as their name, address and insurance company, but it’s prudent to limit the scope of the conversation. If you speak at length, you risk revealing information that may be harmful to your case.
- Take An Ambulance To The Emergency Room: Motorcycle accidents can cause internal injuries that may not have glaring symptoms. That’s why it’s important to be checked out at an emergency room after a motorcycle crash even if you don’t think your injuries aren’t serious. It’s also helpful for your personal injury case because it shows that your injuries were severe enough to require immediate attention and that they were caused by the motorcycle accident. If you don’t go to the emergency room by ambulance, the next best choice is to go to an urgent care center as soon as possible after the accident. The longer you wait to get medical treatment, the more difficult it will be to prove that your injuries were serious and that they were caused by the accident.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Many insurance companies have time limits on reporting an accident and failing to report within those limits can jeopardize your benefits. It’s helpful to get a contact person, phone number and claim number, but you shouldn’t decline doing a recorded statement until you have legal representation.
- Call 1-800-LAWBOSS: The Uvalle Law Firm, Lawboss.com is a highly respected Dallas motorcycle accident attorney, helping people collect the largest amount of money possible for their accident injuries. It’s important to call as soon as possible after an accident so that evidence is not destroyed, and deadlines are not blown.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents?
There are many types of negligence that can lead to a motorcycle accident. These are some of the most common:
- Failing to adjust to poor weather conditions
- Failing to provide a signal when turning or changing lanes
- Disregarding traffic signals such as lights, stop signs and yield signs:
- Distracted driving
- Drugs and alcohol
- Driver fatigue
- Opening a car door in the path of a motorcycle
- Vehicle defects and
- Road defects.
What Types Of Compensation Are Available for Motorcycle Accidents?
Victims of motorcycle accidents are entitled to compensation from the parties responsible for their accident. There are two different types of damages available to people injured in motorcycle accidents: economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages include past and future medical costs, lost wages and diminished earning capacity, transportation, accommodations to a home or vehicle, prosthetics and any other tangible costs incurred or losses sustained. The lion’s share of what’s paid to victims is usually for their pain, suffering, mental anguish and other subjective claims of detriment to their lives. It’s important to hire an experienced Dallas motorcycle accident attorney that knows how to collect the largest possible settlement or verdict. If you have lost a family member in a motorcycle accident, you can make a claim as a survivor for wrongful death, as well as for the pain and suffering that was sustained before they died.
Policy Limits And Responsible Parties
The minimum policy limits in Texas for liability insurance are $30,000 per person and $60,000 per incident. This is clearly not enough money to adequately cover victims with severe or catastrophic injuries. That’s why it’s important to thoroughly investigate all potentially liable parties. For example, it might seem at first that the accident was caused by a car that changed lanes that did not see the motorcycle, hitting it in the rear and throwing the driver onto the road. The insurance company for the driver will most likely tender the policy, but experienced motorcycle accident attorneys won’t stop there. It could be that the car didn’t see the motorcycle because the highway was poorly designed or lost control of his car due to a pothole. In that case it’s possible to claim that the municipality is at least partially responsible for the accident. It’s worth considering whether the brakes failed due to poor design or poor maintenance of the vehicle. At Uvalle Law Firm, Lawboss.com, we leave no stone unturned seeking ways to collect the most money possible for your motorcycle accident case.
How Can A Dallas Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help You?
The most important reason to hire a Dallas motorcycle accident attorney is to get what you deserve because insurance companies never offer top dollar settlements to unrepresented claimants. There are also many other ways that your attorney can help you throughout your accident case. These are the typical stages of a motorcycle accident case:
- The first step for a client in any injury case is treating and documenting the injuries. This is best done by getting checked out at the emergency room or urgent care center as soon as possible after an accident. It’s not easy to find excellent doctors that have experience treating accident victims, and even harder to find ones that take your insurance. Experienced attorneys know the best doctors and can sometimes arrange for them to be paid from the settlement proceeds if you do not have any insurance.
- The next important step is to collect money to repair or replace your motorcycle. Your attorney can help you with this claim which can be complicated if it’s not clear how the accident happened.
- A thorough investigation of the case includes a review of the police report, and an analysis of the scene including any photos or surveillance videos that are available. In some cases, accident reconstruction specialists are retained to help prove a theory of liability.
- Once you’ve finished treating your injuries and/or have achieved your ideal recovery, it’s time to try to settle your case. If the insurance company will not offer enough money to settle the case, it will be prepared for trial. Motorcycle accident cases rarely go all the way through a trial to a jury verdict, but solid trial preparation can help increase the settlement offers from the insurance company. It’s not unusual for cases to be settled on the eve of trial.
- After a settlement is reached or a jury returns a verdict, the money is collected and disbursed.
Why Choose Uvalle Law Firm, Lawboss.com to Handle Your Dallas Motorcycle Accident Case?
The reputation of a law firm will influence the amount of money that an insurance company offers to settle a case. The Uvalle Law Firm, Lawboss.com has a reputation for aggressively taking cases to a jury verdict and getting the largest awards for their clients. That’s why insurance companies offer the settlement offers to our clients. We offer a free no obligation consultation where we review all the information available for your case, explain everything you’re entitled to, answer all your questions and address all of your concerns. The Uvalle Law Firm, Lawboss.com is the Dallas motor vehicle accident attorney that handles your case on a contingency fee, so you don’t have to pay us anything up front, and you owe us nothing in the unlikely event we do not collect any money. We are honest and reliable, returning calls promptly and treating everybody concerned with the utmost respect. That’s why people in Dallas trust Uvalle Law Firm, Lawboss.com to handle their personal injury cases. It’s important to speak to an attorney as soon as possible after an accident, as deadlines are short and evidence can be destroyed. Call 1-800-LAWBOSS today for a free consultation.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle or bike accident, call 1-800-LAWBOSS today to see what your case could be worth
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Accidents:
So you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident and you want to know if you can sue the other driver for causing your pain and suffering and injuries not to mention the damage to your motorcycle.
Every case is different so you will need to speak with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney to get all the facts of your case and your injuries and then they can determine how much your case could be worth.
First you want to make sure you are out of harms way and get all the information you can about the other driver involved in the accident. This includes filing a police report, taking pictures or videos, getting their insurance information and contact information and then go to the doctor to evaluate your injuries which may not appear for a day or two because the shock and adrenaline will be high right after an accident to where you may feel fine but you won’t feel sore for a day or two. Then you’ll want to contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in Texas to see how much your motorcycle accident case could be worth if you sue.
See How Much Your Motorcycle Case Is Potentially Worth
Get a Free Motorcycle Accident Case Review Today!
The most common type of personal injury, is an accident on the road usually by a distracted driver. At Uvalle Law Firm, we handle all types of motorcycle, bike and scooter accidents, motor vehicle accidents, car wrecks, and car crashes in Tarrant and Dallas County. So whether you or a loved one has been injured in an motorcycle accident, bike, scooter, car accident, truck accident, or motorcycle accident, we can help. Call us to get a FREE case review, or fill out a contact form and we will get back to you quickly. The insurance companies don’t fight fair, and are ok giving you a lot less money than you deserve, we won’t let that happen to you. Call 1-800-LAWBOSS today, and recover what’s fair.