LAWBOSS Houston, TX
After a traumatic injury, it can be difficult to navigate what your next steps should be. An accident can leave you hurt and possibly unable to work. You may also need financial compensation to cover your medical costs.
While you can always file a personal injury claim yourself, it may not be in your best interest. You may not have the insight to know whether or not an insurances company’s offer is acceptable. Additionally, keeping track of all of the personal injury laws and procedural rules can be difficult. Hiring a personal injury attorney can give you the peace of mind you need when going up against big insurance companies. As your personal injury attorney, we serve as your advocate, and because our role is to understand and practice the laws and procedures specific to Texas, we have the experience needed to get you the best offer possible.
If you’ve been injured and need assistance with what to do next, call us at 1-800-LAWBOSS. Our team of experienced attorneys located in Houston, Texas work tirelessly to try to obtain the maximum compensation for you after an accident.
What to keep in mind as it relates to my injury. If any of the following apply to you, consider contacting a personal injury attorney:
- Severe Injuries: You’ve been the victim of an accident that has left you severely injured. The severity of your injuries are usually determined by the type of injury, the length of time it takes you to recover, and the cost of your medical bills.
- Long-Term or Permanently Disabling Injuries: You’ve been the victim of an accident that leaves you injured for over a year and could possibly disable you for the rest of your life. These kinds of injuries can affect your ability to work and could negatively impact your quality of life.
- Problems With Claim Denial/Refusal: The insurance company is trying to dispute your claim, or they refuse to offer a fair settlement for your losses.
Keep in mind, even minor injuries can become a major problem down the road—for example, a minor backache can turn into lifelong pain if you do not get the right treatment. If you are still not sure if you should hire a personal injury attorney, call 1-800-LAWBOSS for a free consultation. Our knowledgeable personal injury staff in Houston, Texas can help you determine if you need the assistance of an attorney.
What about whiplash?
Whiplash is an injury that occurs when your head is suddenly jolted backwards and forwards. While whiplash may not seem like a big deal, it can affect you for days, weeks, months, or even years depending on the severity of the injury. Even if your car accident happened at low speeds, or your car did not have significant damage, you can still suffer from whiplash. Symptoms of chronic whiplash can include:
- Pain or stiffness in the neck and shoulders
- Upper or lower back pain
- Jaw pain
- Difficulty sleeping
- Numbness or weakness in the arms or legs
- Ringing in the ears
- Problems with concentration and memory
- Blurred vision
Insurance adjusters look at whiplashes cases with suspicion, as symptoms can take more than 24 hours to appear after an accident and whiplash is often viewed as a “fake claim”. In reality, whiplash is a very serious and disruptive injury, and you could be entitled to compensation for your medical bills. There is no guarantee that an insurance adjuster will pay out on your claim, so it is in your best interest to call a personal injury lawyer in your area to learn more about how they could help you get compensation for your injuries.
How am I supposed to afford a lawyer?
Many people are hesitant to hire a personal injury lawyer because they do not want to be stuck with legal fees or cannot afford it. Fortunately, nearly all personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. In other words, your lawyer will take a percentage of any settlement or money awarded to you. If you do not get a settlement or award, then you do not pay a fee.