Uvalle Law Firm, Lawboss.com – Dallas, Fort Worth, TX
Auto Accidents in Dallas
Dallas is one of the largest cities in Texas with a population of well over 1.2 million people and growing rapidly. The population of Texas has grown more than 15% since the last census, so it’s not surprising that car accidents are also on the rise. Dallas now has one of the highest rates of fatal traffic accidents in the country due to its underfunded street improvement needs, so driving carefully is a must. If you’re injured in an auto accident in Dallas, it’s important to speak to an experienced Dallas auto accident attorney as soon as possible after the accident so that deadlines are met, and evidence is preserved. The Uvalle Law Firm, Lawboss.com is an experienced and reputable Dallas auto accident attorney. Call 1-800-LAWBOSS to schedule a free in person or remote consultation.
Head On Collisions Can Be Deadly
A large percentage of fatal accidents on Dallas roads are caused by head on collisions. Head on collisions are so deadly because the speed of the two vehicles is multiplied at impact when they collide. Most head on collisions are caused by drivers that are fatigued, distracted or driving under the influence, which leads them to drive the wrong way down a street or highway with catastrophic results. These are some of the horrific injuries that are caused by head on collisions.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Damage to the spinal cord is often irreversible and can cause paralysis below the area of the injury.
- Multiple Fractures: Some broken bones are so serious that they require immediate surgical intervention such as the insertion of pins and screws.
- Loss of Sight: Penetrating wounds to the eyes, severe burns and other types of trauma can cause a person to use the use of their eyes.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): Trauma to the head can cause brain damage that leads to the loss of cognitive abilities or control of bodily functions.
- Traumatic Amputations: High speed accidents can cause a limb to be traumatically amputated. In some cases, limbs can be reattached, and there has been great progress in restoring function with prosthetics.
- Lacerations and Road Rash: When there is substantial damage to vehicles, or when victims are thrown from cars, lacerations and road rash injuries can result in disfiguring scars.
- Burns: Heavy impacts can cause cars to explode or ignite, causing catastrophic burns to the drivers and passengers trapped inside the vehicle.
Hit and Run Accidents
Texas laws require that any person involved in an accident that results in property damage or injury must not leave the scene without performing the following actions:
- Rendering aid to injured persons;
- Exchanging driver’s license and insurance information;
- If the police have been called, you must wait until they arrive.
Leaving the scene of a non-serious injury is a felony that is punished with up to one year in jail, with penalties up to 10 years of a death of serious injury results. Despite these heavy penalties, hit and run accidents are common in Dallas. If you’re injured by a hit and run driver, a prompt call to the police with the license plate and description of the vehicle often helps catch the offender. If the hit and run driver is never found, it’s important to hire an experienced Dallas auto accident attorney to represent. Uvalle Law Firm, Lawboss.com offers a free consultation for auto accident cases. Call 1-800-LAWBOSS to schedule a free in person or remote consultation.
Hit in the Rear Accidents
There are more hit in the rear accidents in Dallas than any other type of crash. Texting, taking care of children, putting on lipstick, combing hair, eating and using a phone are some of the actions that take a driver’s mind off the road and cause them to hit another car in the rear. Hit in the rear accidents often occur on the highway in “stop and go” conditions, but they are also common at intersections when a driver is sitting at a red light. These are usually low speed accidents, but they can cause great harm to occupants that are rapidly thrown back and forth. Whiplash is a neck injury that is often caused by hit in the rear accidents.
Other Types of Auto Accidents
There are many different types of intersection accidents in addition to the hit and the rear and head-on collisions discussed above. These are the next most common types of intersection accidents:
- Side-Impact Crashes: These accidents are usually caused by a driver ignoring a stop sign or a red light. These are also called “T-bone” accidents due to the shape the cars form after the impact.
- Side-wipes: When drivers fail to keep a proper lookout before turning, they can cause side-swipe accidents as they begin to turn into other vehicles.
- SUV Rollover Accidents: Despite recent advances in their design, SUVs, minivans and light trucks have a higher center of gravity than other types of vehicles, and are prone to rolling over after a crash. During a rollover accident, roofs can be crushed, and occupants can be thrown for the vehicles causing severe injuries including multiple fractures, road rash, internal injuries, and head injuries.
- Highway Accidents: Dallas highways can get very busy during rush hours, making highway accidents more likely. Stop and go traffic can cause hit in the rear accidents and frustrated drivers frequently changing lanes can be a recipe for disaster. Some Dallas highways have speed limits up to 80 mph, and some drivers disobey the law and go even faster.
- Accidents Caused By Obstructions: Lush Texas summers can cause trees and shrubbery to block traffic signs and drivers line of sight. After storms, it’s not unusual for traffic signs to be missing. Some signs are more important than others but missing “one-way” and “yield” signs can sometimes lead to serious accidents. Parked cars can obscure a driver’s view and many accidents are caused by sun glare. In some cases, it’s possible to sue the city of Dallas for their negligence in allowing these obstructions.
Dallas Auto Accident Attorney
If you’re injured in a car accident in Dallas, it’s important to make sure that claims are filed against all possible defendants before deadlines expire. Never accept cards from unscrupulous people at the scene of an accident. This conduct is unlawful and unethical. The Uvalle Law Firm, Lawboss.com is a reputable auto accident attorney in Dallas, offering a free in person or remote consultation. Call 1-800-LAWBOSS to make an appointment.
After a traumatic injury, it can be difficult to navigate what your next steps should be. An accident can leave you hurt and possibly unable to work. You may also need financial compensation to cover your medical costs.
The Uvalle Law Firm, Lawboss.com team can handle all types of personal injury cases:
Truck accident injury
Rear end accidents
Head and neck injuries
Semi truck crash
By Appointment Only:
Uvalle Law Firm, Lawboss.com
1601 Bryan Street, Ste 46
Dallas, TX 75201